Climate Change Toolkit
Welcome to Climate Change Toolkit!
Climate change is threatening the public health of our communities. We
are already witnessing extreme heat and precipitation events across the
county. Emerging diseases like dengue fever are on the rise. We need to
take action now. The Climate Change Toolkit is designed to provide tools
and resources to help local public health practitioners plan for and
address the health effects of climate change in their jurisdictions.
This toolkit contains tools and examples to help local health
departments with climate adaptation planning, climate action planning,
vulnerability assessment, communication, and more.
Top Ten Tools (By Rating)
- Climate Change Hits Home: Adaptation Strategies for the San Francisco Bay Area
- Climate Change Handbook for Regional Water Planning
- Protecting Public Health During Drought Conditions: A Guide for Public Health
- City of Chicago (IL) Climate Action Plan
- Chicago Climate Action Plan Quick Guide to Adaptation
- Conveying the Human Implications of Climate Change: A Climate Change Communication Primer for Public
- Communicating the Health Risks of Extreme Heat Events
- Climate Change: Mastering the Public Health Role Webinar Series
- Extreme Heat Media Toolkit
- Climate Change Threatens Health