The Infectious Disease Prevention and Control (IDPC) workgroup is one of several advisory groups at NACCHO comprised of staff from local health departments (LHDs) across the country. The IDPC workgroup provides local visibility and input to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other national partners to help ensure that IDPC-related priorities, policies, funding, and initiatives with the potential to impact LHDs are responsive to LHD needs. The IDPC workgroup provides valuable programmatic and policy guidance to NACCHO.
The IDPC workgroup has monthly conference calls to discuss a wide range of issues related to infectious diseases. If you would like to submit a topic or issue for discussion on a future IDPC workgroup monthly call, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The vision of the IDPC workgroup is to help all public health partners recognize, value, and incorporate the critical role of local public health in creating a world free of suffering, disability and death due to infectious diseases.
The mission of the IDPC workgroup is to promote the critical role of local public health in prevention and controlling infectious diseases through expert advice and policy recommendations. The workgroup seeks to accomplish the following:
- Provide expert advice and policy recommendations on infectious disease prevention and control to the NACCHO Board for infectious diseases.
- Work in collaboration with Pandemic Influenza, Immunization, Food Safety, HIV/STI Prevention, Public Health Informatics, Epidemiology, and Accreditation and Quality Improvement workgroups.
- Represent NACCHO, as requested by the NACCHO Board of the NACCHO national office on behalf of LHDs, on infectious disease related issues to NACCHO partners, legislatures, media, and the public.
- Proactively provide the perspective of LHDs to national and state infectious disease prevention and control programs.
- Promote and assist in mobilizing funding for infectious disease prevention and control activities in LHDs.
- Facilitate collaboration and dissemination of best practices among local, state, and federal infectious disease prevention and control programs.
2012-2013 IDPC Workgroup Members
- Anne Bailowitz, MD, MPH - Baltimore City Health Department (MD)
- Janet Briscoe - Kanawha-Charleston Health Department (WV)
- Kimberly Brunette, MPH - Arlington Health District (VA)
- Diana Gaviria, MD, MPH - Berkeley County Health Department (WV)
- Mark Hodge - Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services (MD)
- Nicolette Janoski, MPH, CEM - Tarrant County Public Health Department (TX)
- Faisal Khan, MD - St. Louis County Department of Health (MO)
- Savita Kumar, MD - Palm Beach County Health Department (FL)
- Kevin McKay, MPH - Rockland County Health Department (NY)
- Matthew Zahn, MD - Orange County Health Care Agency/Public Health (CA)