In the Spotlight
NACCHO thanks everyone who applied for a Model Practice this year. Applications go through a peer review and applicants will be notified of their status in early spring.
Lunch and Learn Webinars
NACCHO's Lunch and Learn Webinars allow members to connect with Model Practice winners and have a chance to discuss their winning practice. After a presentation about the practice, participants will have the opportunity to ask questions and discuss strategies on replicability and implementation in their community. These innovative and inspiring 45 minute sessions will provide you with practical methods that get results.
For a list of presentations and to register for a webinar, click here.
The Model Practices Database
Since 2003, the NACCHO’s Model Practices honors initiatives—including programs, resources and tools—that demonstrate how local health departments and their community partners can effectively collaborate to address local public health concerns. Ten years and hundreds of practices later, NACCHO introduces several interactive review features to the Model Practices Database.
The Model Practices Database is a resource to
1. Get an idea: find proven initiatives, programs, resources, administrative practices and tools that address local public health needs
2. Give an idea: submit an application about your innovative program or practice developed to meet a particular public health program or concern.
3. Try an idea: don’t reinvent the wheel, put a practice to the test in your community
4. Evaluate an idea: what did you think? Leaving feedback leads to continuous quality improvement.
5. Reference an idea: when you refer to the Model Practices Database in a speech or a paper, you’re sharing what works in local public health.
Click here for a step-by-step video of the new Model Practices Database review features.
2013 Model Practice Awardees
NACCHO is pleased to honor the 2013 recipients of Model Practice and Promising Practice awards, which will be available in the online, searchable Model Practices database.