In the Spotlight
NACCHO will accept applications for the 2016 Model Practices October 1-31, 2015. A sample of the application is posted in "Related Content" as well as instructions on how to use the new application system and FAQs. Log in to myNACCHO to apply.
2015 Model Practice Awardees
NACCHO is pleased to honor the 2015 recipients of Model Practice and Promising Practice awards, which will be available in the online, searchable Model Practices database.
The Model Practices Database
Since 2003, the NACCHO's introduces several interactive review features to the Model Practices Database.
The Model Practices Database is a resource to
1. Get an idea: find proven initiatives, programs, resources, administrative practices and tools that address local public health needs,
2. Give an idea: submit an application about your innovative program or practice developed to meet a particular public health program or concern.
3. Try an idea: don’t reinvent the wheel, put a practice to the test in your community.
4. Evaluate an idea: what did you think? Leaving feedback leads to continuous quality improvement.
5. Reference an idea: when you refer to the Model Practices Database in a speech or a paper, you’re sharing what works in local public health.